Meet Paco the Pup

golden sunset: LadyD Books

The So Cal snow melted off the mountain tops and the temps climbed back up the other day. The sunset was golden in color. I just love how the sky can begin looking so pretty in lavender and then show us an amazing grand finale in fiery orange! For more sky connections, visit Skywatch Friday

tree silhouettes: LadyD Books


telephone wires with orange sunset: LadyD Books

Today we are bundling up because of a cold front moving in, experiencing frost. Looks like the avocado grove and plants will be hit hard today but I thought the morning sunrise seemed hopeful.

golden sunrise: LadyD Books

So, my friend Rose at Color Connection was having a giveaway awhile back and I won Paco the Pup! Thanks so much Rose! This adorable soft, cuddly puppy was the perfect gift to share with our grandson on his first day of preschool. This was huge for him and Ryan was so pleased with the gift and excited to meet his teacher and make new friends at school. For now, his favorite color is green.


paco the pup: LadyD Books

stuffed animal with blanket: LadyD Books

grandson with pet: LadyD Books

grandson with paco the pup: LadyD Books

Do you have memories of putting your children on the school bus or walking them to school on the first day... how about drying a tear or two? They grow so quickly.

first day of preschool: LadyD Books


On Friday mornings I head over to +Freda Mans and participate in her weekly book meme:
The Friday 56 

This paperback book was at our local book store; looked interesting. Chapter 5 talks of digestive fire.


"Imagine that you are building a fire and that you've already put into it the quantity of wood that the fire can consume within a reasonable period of time. Then, suddenly, someone dumps a truckload of heavy lumber on top of the fire. The fire will most likely be smothered as a result. This dumping of a truckload of wood at the end is analogous to taking a heavy dessert at the end of the meal." --Deepak Chopra, M.D.
I'm thinking that maybe we should eat dessert at the beginning of our meal because it's a new year and the best comes first! Oh, how sweet it is! It's a funny thing how 'ice cream' and animals can bring my grandchildren such joy!

Buy at Art.com
Dog and Cat Car
Buy From Art.com

So, when I was growing up in the 50s and 60s, one of my favorite songs as a kiddo, was hearing Miss Patty Page sing, How Much Is That Doggie in the Window. Remember that one? Sweet memories!


 We used to breed Australian Shepherds when the children were little ones and have owned many Aussies. Now that we're older and have lots of grandchildren crawling around the place, we just have the one cat, our Siamese, Jazz. How about you... do you have a pup?





 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sky shots - love that dreamy sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always grace my blog with your comments, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Love the sunrise! Stunning.
    Deepak Chopra is a wise and inspiring man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations LadyD, Ryan is very handsome. I love your third sky shot.

    My Sky Shots
    Have a safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a good kid, thank you!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for linking up to Color Connection last week. Linky is up now. Come share your color this week!

      Delete
  4. I agree -- have dessert first! Love your photos.
    My Friday 56/Book Beginning post is from GOODNIGHT NOBODY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm never going to lose weight at this rate but it sure is fun!

      Delete
  5. A great post! The photos are amazing and I love the sound of your F56 book - very wise words :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I don't have a pup, but I have 1 siamese and 1 burmese cat. As for tears on the first day of school, I have seen in the years I taught kindergarten. I found that I had to comfort, wipe away tears and reassure the parents more than the kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, how affirming and nurturing of you to encourage the parents on the first day of school!

      Delete
  7. I sure like those orange skies... really so beautiful, you captured them perfectly! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LadyD, the orange skies are wonderful. And congrats on winning the Pup blanket! Ryan really deserves such a wonderful gift just for being so cute and good kid. I shed a tear or two when my eldest and my second went to nursery school and spend the whole day biting my fingernails, hahaha. I think I'm gonna do the same when my youngest finally goes to school. Have a great week ahead, LadyD. Thank you for leaving comments on our site. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful and amazing pictures of the sky...so love them :-) your son is a cutie and congrats on the win :-) Dropping by from last week's Color Connection :-)

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!