Recording Clouds

orange sunrise: LadyD Books

I have often wondered, what do clouds smell like? What sounds are they making as they roll by? This is what one morning sunrise in SoCali looked like, just a soft pastel sky. Perhaps an orange sorbet or cotton candy kind of sky. For more wonderful views around the world, visit Skywatch Friday.

Orange sunrise to the east: LadyD Books

 I'm currently reading a book about recording studios and recording engineers called,
Working In Music And Dance (My Future Career). Having played on various worship teams for over 30 years, I've seen lots of expensive soundboards and small portable outdoor systems.

The main qualifications of a recording engineer are:

1. Advanced technical and computer skills.
2. A good ear and knowledge of music
3. Quick thinking
4. Teamwork
5. Patience
6. Commitment
7. Communication Skills

LadyD Books is participating in a blog meme called, The Friday 56

"Engineers need to be familiar with a wide range of different recordings and editing equipment, such as microphones, multitrack recorders, and digital editing systems. They have to know how to use this equipment safely and confidently."
Granddaughter at the piano: LadyD Books

LadyD Books is participating in Color Connection. Our granddaughter likes to play on an old acoustic piano, as well as the keyboard. She has such stage presence, oh my goodness!

Here's a few music and book items you may be interested in:

'Til the Clouds Roll By
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of the Mighty Clouds of Joy
A Thousand Tomorrows / Just Beyond the Clouds

Also, Soundcloud has a great free app that you can use to record music, make comments, and share through a variety of options.

LadyD Books is also participating in Friendship Friday

What are your favorite Christmas carols? Are there any songs that embody the spirit of Christmas for you? Do you participate in any special musical events during the holiday season? Share the music that makes you merry this Friendship Friday!
I have had fond memories over the years of participating in various events at this special time of year:

1. Kindergarten music class performing at a local nursing facility.
2. Piano Christmas recital for my piano students.
3. Neighborhood caroling.
4. Gospel Choir
5. Church Choir Christmas program

My favorite song is Silent Night. It's a simple melody that brings peace to my soul. When you hear it being sung by a children's choir in many different languages, it just melts my heart and it keeps focus on the main thing, Jesus. Do you have a favorite? They're all great, so hard to choose.



Now, loving Jazz as much as I do, I would say that Christmas Time Is Here played by Vince Guaraldi and sung by Diana Krall puts me in the mood. Plus, a certain electric piano keyboard setting is pretty to hear in The First Noel , too.



For me, my all time favorite highlight has to be winning two special online giveaways from blogging friends. First off, over at Valerie Storey's blog, I received tons of writing goodies (journal, bright sparkly pens) and a great manuscript written by the talented author, Valerie Storey,

The Essential Guide for New Writers: From Idea to Finished Manuscript

Then Ramona was hosting Daria's Holiday Giveaway on her blog at Create With Joy.com 
 I received news that I was the winner and words cannot express my gratitude. What a blessing!

Daria is a beautiful musician, sharing inspiration to all throughout the years with multi cultural children's music for everyone. Being Greek, I have many special memories, celebrating Christmas very similar to Daria's post. You can read about some of them here


Have a wonderful weekend, dear readers while spreading Christmas cheer to all!

Blessings,






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful soft, stripey clouds! Hmmm...my favorite Christmas carol? I thinks it's Joy to the World. I sing with our worship team about twice a month...love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Pat. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Interesting snippet...and I always enjoy your photos.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Laurel-Rain; so kind of you to say.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by ladyfi, much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. I would think clouds smell bitter like pickle juice... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation for the gifts you received. The sky is beuatiful, but your granddaugther is more beautiful. Touched my heart.
    I am not a musician and my voice is like a croaking frog, so I don't understand much about music. But I do love to listen, only I always forget the title of the music.
    Have a nice week end. Dropping by from Color Connection. My entry: They really made me cry! Joysnotepad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joy. Grandchildren are such a blessing!

      Delete
  6. Whats the little one playing? :)


    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/12/friday-56-book-beginnings-naked-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi LadyD, that's a wonderful photograph. And you have a very cute granddaughter. :D
    Dropping by from color connection.
    http://ofbottlesandsand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jade. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  8. We just got our daughter a new piano for Christmas and it would be nice irf she could play these tunes. Will bookmark this page, I let her see and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how nice! Thank you, Rose. My grand daughter and I love to play the piano. best wishes to you and your daughter. Let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!