Wordless Wednesday: Starfish

Tide Pool Starfish

"Now the tide turns, and water flows back up the beach. Starfish creep from hiding places between the rocks looking for mollusks to eat. Starfish have no heads or tails, so when they move, any arm can lead the way."

For ages 7 and up

From The Ocean Tide Pool by Jeanne Bendick:

"A tide pool is more than just water. It also is home to many animals. Some may live their whole lives here. Others may come and go with the waves. But one thing is certain. The tide pool will never again be exactly as it is right now."
Did you know that starfish are not fish at all? They are echinoderms, spiny-skinned sea creatures. Starfish have hundreds of tiny tube feet beneath their arms. Each foot has a suction cup to grip onto rocks.


Exploring an Ocean Tide Pool (Redfeather Book)

Have you been to an aquarium before? It is a great learning center to discover where the great wonders of the sea come alive. In La Jolla, we have Birch Aquarium at Scripps.

Rednesday,  Watery Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday


A surfer catching the waves, West Coast style, on his red surfboard. Temperatures are warming up again here in Southern California. How is it where you are?

LadyD Books is linking with,

InLinkz.com

Remember that after March 1st, you no longer will be able to follow blogs through GFC. You might consider following LadyD Books through Google+,  NetWorked or Linky. Thanks!

Happy WW!







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful post - love that WAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shot of the starfish. :) And the wave of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm following you now; beautiful photos.

      Delete
  3. Great wave post for today. I am just going to wait and see what happens on March 1st. I realize there are different oppositions to change to, but I have no idea how to do them. When Google takes GFC completely away, I just will not follow or be followered. Just as long as I can visit and comment, it will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good to me. Thanks for stopping by LV.

      Delete
  4. Excellent photos ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) linked w/ 52 Photos ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the starfish -had one in my office as decoration with my shell collection. But the starfish was the one the kids always picked up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am back to alert I'm signing on to your Networked blogs -At FB I go by my artist name Jesh StGermain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great captures of color and activity. This is a great post. I like the book recommend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, thank you! There is so much life and activity in the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love starfish. Such beautiful and peaceful creatures. We love our Zoo with it's touching tide pool.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!