Friday 56: The Invisible Child



Since I have begun a new journey of writing, I am pleased to announce several of my articles made it to the front page of this very cool magazine, Fortitude.


So now I spend my days going to the library and checking out more books on Reading and Writing Books for Children. I've chosen such a book for my readers for this Friday... Won't you join us?

Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.

* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions 
on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*
Post a link along with your post back to this blog Starting Fresh and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
 Here's Mine:

"Well, you wouldn't, unless what you found there was better than the alternatives, and our eleven-year-old found Harry Potter more fun, more exciting, more suspenseful than all the alternatives open to him."
 From The Invisible Child by Katherine Paterson

 Happy Friday and Happy Father's Day to all!


~ LadyD


“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. hmmm, that's interesting even though without context I'm not really sure what it means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady D! Here's mine:
    http://kidsneedgreatbooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/friday-56-little-bee.html

    ~Africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Thanks for stopping by Starting Fresh and sharing your Friday 56.

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!