Friday #56



Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions 
on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*
Post a link along with your post back to this blog http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends at http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
Here's mine:
I received this particular paperback book from a friend...
The fifth sentence from The Last Gift of Time Life Beyond Sixty by Carolyn G.Heilbrun.
 I loved the length in the 6th sentence with descriptive words so much so that I had to go with it and share with all of you... here goes! Have you ever come upon a sentence structure like this one before?
"Sylvia Townsend Warner is witness to the delight one may savor in one's mid-sixties." 
"In the evening," she recorded in her diary, "the Amadeus [Quartet] played opus132; and I danced to the last movement, I rose up & danced, among the cats, & their saucers, and only when I was too carried away to stop did I realize that I was behaving very oddly for my age- and that perhaps it was the last time I would dance for joy."
Warmest Regards,
LadyD
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

As always, so nice to hear from you!