No Need To Walk It Alone


Go To Church: LadyD Books


And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. -- Hebrews 10:24-25 (Bible Gateway)
LadyD as a child: LadyD Books

As an only child (yes, that's me!) I struggled with fitting in. Belonging to a small family and sitting at my piano and playing for hours was my comfort zone. As I started to experience friendships with many playmates as a little girl, I connected more and more with other families. By the time I reached high school and sang in the choir, I gleaned an understanding of contentment. By that I mean, it was well with my soul to belong to something that was much bigger than myself with other people.

Having known the Lord now for 40 years, and just celebrated our 40th anniversary, it is my experience that we really were not meant to go it alone. It is a blessing to belong to the family of God and merge (grow) with a community of believers. In fact, God tells us to go! You see, the invite is in His word... 'not giving up meeting together.' Once you have seen and felt corporate worship, you will never be the same. Again I think it's belonging to something huge and it makes you feel good inside. (happy)

I believe God has gifted you with a story. Actually, it's His story that He's writing through the testimony of your life. He wants you to share your life story with others. We are called to shine the light wherever we go. What better place than to go to your local church and start the first day of the week resting, hearing the word and having fellowship with God's people.

So, what is keeping you from going? Why walk alone? My heart hurts to think of so many people that feel very inadequate and live in isolation. You know, God has loving care and compassion for you. He promises not to abandon you. He will always remember you! Gen.30.22 (Bible Gateway)

Having played the keyboard on various worship teams for over 30 years, I love all the beautiful songs about God's amazing grace. How he gives us a second chance, forgives us and lifts our guilt when we are deeply sorry for doing things are own way. The invitation for God's eternal plan of salvation is to come, just as you are.

Once you have made the right decision to follow Christ, then gather around all the other team players. No, no one is perfect but you'll find love, support, encouragement and prayer partners. Honestly, we really need accountability and that's a good thing. Now you can reach out to others who are weary in walking alone, feeling depressed and hopeless. Read about How To Defeat Discouragement.

We (collectively) have found hope in Jesus. We can sparkle for Him. No need to walk it alone... Won't you attend church?

Blessings,






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved
LadyD Books

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!