Do You Have Some Bananas?

I am participating in Blue Monday  and Mellow Yellow Monday





Bananas: LadyD Books



On our property, we have ice cream banana trees. we are fortunate where we are that the weather is pleasantly mild all year long. Very seldom will we get a freeze here in California where I live. What is so amazing to me is that these cute little fingerling baby bananas grow up into yummy ones, as above.

I do enjoy making banana bread, giving it away as gifts and yes, eating the yummy bread as well. I'd love to hear of the many different ways you enjoy serving bananas. I must confess, it's the #1 hit around here with my grandchildren and they can peel a banana all by themselves! If you're looking for a new recipe:

Banana Bread For One

Nutella Banana Bread

If you are interested in a some children's books regarding bananas, here's a few:

The Day the Teacher Went Bananas (Picture Puffin)

Once Upon a Banana


PEAS AND BANANAS: Outside with Lil Boo











“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis




7 comments:

  1. That last shot is stunning!!! How nice to be in an area where you can grow your own bananas! My 3 year old would be in heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bananas are very familiar to me. The first one i can eat it ripe. The second photo we usually cook it. Great shots and thanks for the visit!

    MYM

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice it must be to just go out and pick your fruit right off the tree. Nest time you drop by for a visit, bring me a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post to start the week! I love those kind of bananas.

    Would you mind peeking at my Mellow Yellow? Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are to have your own banana tree! When I was growing up in GA my dad had three banana trees growing in our yard, I always loved to pick them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your photos are beautiful and the colors so vibrant!

    Happy 4th!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!