Friday 56: Roald Dahl Classic

JamesAndTheGiantPeachImage via Wikipedia
“All knowledge is connected to all other knowledge. The fun is in making the connections.” Arthur Aufderheide
This week I made a big connection re-reading one of my favorites James and the Giant Peach. I love this children's book written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake. So tell me, have you read this book once upon a time? And if so, what is your favorite part? This book continues to thrill readers around the world.
To begin with, a peach that has grown as big as a house is an awesome beginning. James discovering a secret entrance of the peach leads to an exciting adventure of meeting new friends as the Old Green Grasshopper, the dainty Ladybug and the Centipede of the multiple boots.
Every Friday we have the opportunity to post the fifth sentence on page 56 of a book that just happens to be ever so near you. Here's how it goes...Happy Friday!
Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog Starting Fresh and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Here's Mine:


"I don't know," the Old-Green-Grasshopper said. "But I'll bet it's somewhere good."
Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach


Have a great weekend,
LadyD

“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I remember my 4th grade teacher reading this book to us. It was the only thing I liked about her!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!