The Friday 56: Diamond Rio, Beautiful Mess

Beautiful MessImage via Wikipedia






Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog, http://www.startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com/ and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends at http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.



It's Friday and I find myself excitedly looking forward to playing the game again!
Lately we've had lots of rain for Southern California so my evenings have been around a warm fire and for sure, cuddling up with a good book. This morning I decided to do a little bit more reading on a book that I will be reviewing for ThomasNelson called Diamond Rio: Beautiful Mess. This is a very interesting book and I'm enjoying the band members stories. Especially being a musician myself, how I love "musician talk", you know when keyboard players go on and on about open voicings with jazz chords.

Here's my 5th sentence entry:


"Marty kind of thought so, too, but it was her enthusiasm - which included enough ambition to do all the legwork - that encouraged him to do the audition."

Happy Friday! Hope you'll join us

Warmest Regards,
~ LadyD






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Here's a band I haven't thought of in awhile. I loved these guys when I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!